[coreboot] PCI register read/mod/write code

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Oct 4 04:15:36 CEST 2010

ron minnich wrote:
> > Apparently enabling warnings will break compilation if I understood Uwe
> > correctly.
>
> so we're going to build this complex C pre-processor macro foo,
> further extending our dependence on the way the compilers work, when
> the real issue is that we've disabled warnings?

That's not what I suggested. I certainly don't think that's right. I
don't think Carl-Daniel does either. It was just an explanation for
why the compiler didn't complain.

> I think we need to fix the real problem, the disabled warnings.

I agree. I don't think this thread is so much about that, but it
would also be easy to have a check for this error (without special
macro foo) in the functions that I'd like to add.

//Peter