[coreboot] [flashrom] Testers/reviewers for partial writes needed

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Oct 12 14:53:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am almost done with partial write support in flashrom, but I need
tests and reviews of the new code.

Already merged in flashrom are a few cleanup patches for write functions.
Two patches which do the actual conversion are pending:
http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/2091/
http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/2095/
Please apply them in the order specified above and review and test.

Note: Even with the above patches applied, flashrom will still erase-all
then write-all, but those patches are the last ones touching individual
chip drivers. Once those patches are in, I will change the generic code
to a rolling erase/write model with region exclusion and all the other
fun stuff people want.
The current code does not have progress printing for writes anymore, but
this will be fixed automatically once the rolling erase/write code is in
(I will simply reuse the erase progress printing).

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/