[coreboot] CarPC project, with MB899 MB

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 15:10:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

As a hobby, I play with a carpc in my accord.  I have been recently trying the Meego linux distro.
Meego is a fairly quick booting system, but it doesn't do anything to help with the really slow BIOS
my MB899 has -- as I was doing a search on BIOS updates, I came across this project.  While the MB899
isn't listed on the website as supported, I noted that it was addressed/added recently in email traffic
on this list.  I also noted that this BIOS is supposedly really quick...  Somewhere I read you
could get to the Linux terminal in less than 5 seconds?Which is something I am really interested in as
an "instant boot" would be a welcome addition to my system.

All that said, I was hoping to get pointed in the right direction to being able to install this in my
motherboard.  The specifics of the board (in case I misread the post) are(from manual):

IBASE MB899
Intel 945GM Chipset
GMCH: 82945GM 1466-pin Micro-FCBGA
ICH7M:82801GBM 652-pin MBGA.

While I am very capable of building software out of SVN (been doing that for mythtv, openmobile, etc) and
linux kernel, I have not played with pulling individual chips, like a BIOS.  So I don't know anything about
acquiring and/or replacing one.  But I can be somewhat adventureous...

Thanks in advance,

Nasa