[coreboot] devroom @ FOSDEM

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Oct 13 15:53:24 CEST 2010

On 13.10.2010 15:25, Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Anyone already did some request for devroom? The deadline is on 16th.
> Who wants to come to FOSDEM anyway? In my case I could come (most
> likely with my driver ;)

I hope to be able to get a day off at work to go to FOSDEM. Not 100%
sure, but if it works out, I will talk about flashrom if there is any
interest.

> Is there a chance of getting bigger room? Do we plan to make more
> workshops this year?

Do we want to propose a combined coreboot/flashrom main track talk this
time? Deadline is the same, and we would get a huge audience for this.

> Maybe more "hands-on" ?

A two-hour coreboot installfest would be really awesome as well. We
would have to decide on a few boards which have socketed flash (or a SPI
connector) and then ask people to bring those boards.

Side note: It would be really cool if we could get full video coverage
this time. If Adrian Glaubitz is there again with a video camera, we
could ask him. Rudolf, I think you also brought someone who had a video
camera. With two cameras, we would have a failsafe way to get the talks
recorded.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--