[coreboot] CarPC project, with MB899 MB

Warren Turkal wt at penguintechs.org
Wed Oct 13 19:54:30 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, October 13, 2010 06:10:45 am Nasa wrote:

> Intel 945GM Chipset
> GMCH: 82945GM 1466-pin Micro-FCBGA
> ICH7M:82801GBM 652-pin MBGA.

I just looked in our tree and I see src/mainboard/mb899. Anyone know how well
it's supported?

> While I am very capable of building software out of SVN (been doing that
> for mythtv, openmobile, etc) and linux kernel, I have not played with
> pulling individual chips, like a BIOS.  So I don't know anything about
> acquiring and/or replacing one.  But I can be somewhat adventureous...

Is the following your board?

If so, the bios chip might be the SST thing near the white connector in the
bottom left quadrant of the board. I think it's an LPC style chip. Having
another chip to flash instead of that one would mean that you could keep your
oringinal untouched. I think that usually those types of chips just pull right

Also, having an external flasher would be really useful in case you flash a bad
image onto your chip and need to fix it.