[coreboot] CarPC project, with MB899 MB

Warren Turkal wt at penguintechs.org
Wed Oct 13 19:54:30 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, October 13, 2010 06:10:45 am Nasa wrote:

*snip*

> IBASE MB899
> Intel 945GM Chipset
> GMCH: 82945GM 1466-pin Micro-FCBGA
> ICH7M:82801GBM 652-pin MBGA.

I just looked in our tree and I see src/mainboard/mb899. Anyone know how well
it's supported?

> While I am very capable of building software out of SVN (been doing that
> for mythtv, openmobile, etc) and linux kernel, I have not played with
> pulling individual chips, like a BIOS.  So I don't know anything about
> acquiring and/or replacing one.  But I can be somewhat adventureous...

Is the following your board?
http://www.ibase.com.tw/MB899_500.jpg

If so, the bios chip might be the SST thing near the white connector in the
bottom left quadrant of the board. I think it's an LPC style chip. Having
another chip to flash instead of that one would mean that you could keep your
oringinal untouched. I think that usually those types of chips just pull right
out.

Also, having an external flasher would be really useful in case you flash a bad
image onto your chip and need to fix it.

wt