[coreboot] LANL in the news (sort of)

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 01:23:53 CEST 2010

Hello!
I had first heard about the Utah facility when I had started exploring
the logic behind how to network boot a computer. Yes this includes
http://etherboot.org/ as well as the netboot project as well. (Which
is at http://netboot.sourceforge.net/ ) The home page for the whole
business is at http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/index.html .

They had created a blob called OS-Kit to enable the idea of building a
something-or-other to do something else.

It was about the same time Ron, that I came across the work you were
doing with the original site for this business, and its name
LinuxBIOS. On the whole I prefer CoreBoot as it means we're past those
early days.

The site in question is here https://www.emulab.net/news.php3?single=243

EmuLab is as it name implies an emulation of everything the Internet
suggests, a big congested delivery method. And they enable people to
study why that happens. I have an account with them, but as of several
months previously its not an active one. I suspect they find my ideas
as strange was Linux when Linus was first developing his great idea.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com