[coreboot] pci resource allocation overlaps config_mmconf_base_address

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coresystems.de
Sun Oct 17 10:00:06 CEST 2010

 On 10/17/10 12:40 AM, Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Scott, thanks on working on that! The resource overlap is bit pitty -
> it belongs to style - "Oh I haven't thought of that".
I think this was heavily discussed a while back, and lead to some
naughty work arounds in the i945 code. because having such big a "hole"
lead to no resources being placed after the MMCONF area. Ther should be
a better way to do it. Have to admit I have not particularly checked out
the k8t890 code yet. My experiments with allocating a resource for it in
the i945 northbridge code didn't keep the resource allocator from
putting other stuff on top of it, mainly because of the hierarchical way
the resource allocator works. Any insights are highly welcome.

Stefan