[coreboot] pci resource allocation overlaps config_mmconf_base_address

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sun Oct 17 16:10:47 CEST 2010

> I think this was heavily discussed a while back, and lead to some
> naughty work arounds in the i945 code. because having such big a "hole"
> lead to no resources being placed after the MMCONF area.

I think with a dynamic resource there are some place above the address.  Which
gets normally used.

Besides the mentioned file, the acpi_tables does  following:

For the acpi it takes it from resource system:

unsigned long acpi_fill_mcfg(unsigned long current)
{
         device_t dev;
         struct resource *res;

         dev = dev_find_device(PCI_VENDOR_ID_VIA, PCI_DEVICE_ID_VIA_K8M890CE_5, 0);
         if (!dev)
                 return current;

         res = find_resource(dev, K8T890_MMCONFIG_MBAR);
         if (res) {
                 current += acpi_create_mcfg_mmconfig((acpi_mcfg_mmconfig_t *)
                                 current, res->base, 0x0, 0x0, 0xff);
         }
         return current;
}