[coreboot] Getting started with ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe design

Michael Cassaniti m.cassaniti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 04:42:33 CEST 2010

Hi All,
Apologies in advance for my naivety. I am starting out with a build for an
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe board. This uses the nForce MCP55 chipset, with a
supported southbridge and LPC flash chip for the BIOS. Original product
specifications can be found here:
http://www.asus.com.au/product.aspx?P_ID=szSFtrap7crpBaQE

First, I am wondering how to go about adding a backup flash chip to this
board. I don't wish to remove the whole flash chip if I don't need to. I was
thinking of attaching a device and simply de-soldering the OE pin of the
original chip.

Secondly, what tables change between motherboards that I would need to
identify? I gather that the memory map and the PIRQ information changes, but
I'm not sure what else does.

I have ordered a port 80 debug card, and I have a machine I can use for
serial console monitoring of the BIOS. Any help beyond the developers manual
is appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael Cassaniti