[coreboot] coreboot doesn't compile smihandler.c smmhandler.S, even smm.h file, am I supposed to use other ways to compile SMM mode code?

fengwei zhang namedylan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 15:50:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

It seems like coreboot doesn't compile smihandler.c, smmhandler.S, even
smm.h file. I tried to put some junk into these files, and then make the
coreboot source code. it could still build the coreboot.rom image. In other
words, coreboot BIOS doesn't use any code under src/cpu/x86/smm/.
Since SMM is a special mode, am I supposed to use other ways to compile SMM
mode code?
Thank you very much!

Best,
Fengwei