[coreboot] how to prevent legacy resource conflict with multiple VGA cards

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Fri Oct 22 00:18:46 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have Win7 working well with mahogany_fam10 if I use a PCI
video card. However, Device manager complains that it is unable
to find enough free resources for the UMA graphics controller.
Running an AMI legacy BIOS shows the problem can be solved by
enabling the PCI command register memory and I/O enable bits
for only the graphics card that you are using. Is there a way
to make coreboot do this, and if not, any suggestions on where
best to implement such a feature?

Thanks,
Scott