[coreboot] How the file, c_start.d is made?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Oct 26 12:21:17 CEST 2010

ali hagigat wrote:
> what rule is making the file, c_start.d itself?

It's very strange that you are so obsessed with the build system so
many months after starting to look at coreboot.

I first looked at coreboot nearly 10 years ago, and while I am not
super active in the codebase there are still *so* many other *actual*
things to work on and learn about *in the code*.

You've mentioned that you want to study coreboot before you can work
with it, but I would recommend that you stop studying the build
system for now and look more at what coreboot *code* is actually
doing. This is especially true if you are not already very skilled
with the GNU toolchain and make, because building coreboot can
sometimes require special tricks.

To also answer your question, I suggest that you study the output
from

make V=1

and see which command creates the c_start.d file. Then you could
probably locate it within the Makefiles.

//Peter