[coreboot] how to prevent legacy resource conflict with multiple VGA cards

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Oct 29 06:44:04 CEST 2010

Myles Watson wrote:
> The UMA device could check the tree for these bits and disable
> itself, or some more code could be added to generically do the
> same thing.

I think it's a very good idea to have this code be generic, since it
can apply to all chipsets with UMA.

Scott Duplichan wrote:
> There must be a pretty basic problem remaining because the driver
> fails after a few seconds. Win7 reports that a kernel mode thread
> has spent too long in the ATI driver code.

I guess that the watchdog is those few seconds. Does graphics work
during that time?

Could you use windbg to get more details, in particular find out what
the ATI driver was trying to do?

//Peter