[coreboot] usb2 support in Filo / coreboot

Mark Field mnfield at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 18:28:26 CET 2010

hello,

I have been reading about coreboot to see if it can solve a small
problem I have.

I have an Via EPIA-ML8000AG and would like to boot linux from a usb
pendrive, this works, but is very slow, which I believe is down to the
fact that although the board has a usb2 controller the bios only
supports usb1

>From reading coreboot.org I think my board is supported and I could
use Filo as a payload to boot linux from usb, but I can't see any
reference to whether this would be at usb1 or usb2 speeds.

would anyone be able to comment?

Thanks

Mark