[coreboot] build questions

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at member.fsf.org
Sun Oct 31 22:04:40 CET 2010

Hello.

Today I tried to build coreboot for the very first time.
I discovered that the debug configs caused some
harmless warnings of the type "referenced but not used".

Also, I tried scan-build.  I never tried this before, and
therefore I don't know it limitations.  A make generated
a list of 60 bugs.  Not all of them are real bugs though.

It looks like it found that we use math operation on a
uninitialized value:

File:	northbridge/amd/amdfam10/../amdmct/mct/mctndi_d.c
Location:	line 98, column 6
uninitialized value. The computed value will also be garbage

DctSelBaseOffset -= Base;

Anyway, the computed value is never used.

Would it make sense to remove unused variables?
If so, I can try to create a few patches.  I think scan-build
is almost useless when it generate a list of 60 "bugs".