[coreboot] --divide!! and .xcompile

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 07:30:02 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:15 AM, ali hagigat <hagigatali at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all for the replies.
> Peter, the link you wrote is broken!
> http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs/as/i386_002dOptions.html#i386_002dOptions

Works fine for me:

--divide
    On SVR4-derived platforms, the character `/' is treated as a
comment character, which means that it cannot be used in expressions.
The `--divide' option turns `/' into a normal character. This does not
disable `/' at the beginning of a line starting a comment, or affect
using `#' for starting a comment.

> Should i execute, util/crossgcc/buildgcc to change and patch the
> original Linux GCC?

No, crossgcc should fetch it's own "known good" version of gcc and
patch it. Trying to patch some other version of gcc will probably
fail.

-Corey