[coreboot] Coreboot (and gNewSense) on VIA EPIA-P820?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Sep 22 06:59:13 CEST 2010

Pen-Yuan Hsing wrote:
> On the hardware side, I am looking at the VIA ARTiGO A1100
> (http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/embedded/artigo/a1100/index.jsp),
> with the following specifications:
..
> Processor: 1.2 GHz VIA Nano (64-bit)
> Chipset: VIA VX855 Unified Digital Media IGP chipset
..
> Does Coreboot work on this system's motherboard/chipset?

There is code for the chipset but it has not yet been included in
coreboot trunk. It requires further development.

> I couldn't find this exact model on the Coreboot wiki, but there
> are similar looking EPIA boards in the compatibility list.

Similar unforutnately isn't enough for firmware.

> if there is an alternative please show me where to find it?

You said nothing about your technical requirements for this computer.
If you are in a hurry maybe you can find an AMD based system which is
supported by coreboot.

//Peter