[coreboot] mingw build problem with seabios/tools/kconfig

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Sat Apr 2 08:39:25 CEST 2011

Kevin O'Connor wrote:

]On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 08:49:17PM -0700, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
]> On 3/13/11 8:30 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
]> >>Here is how the
]> >>how the problem was overcome for coreboot:
]> >>http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/changeset/4952
]> >>When I add the UNLINK_IF_NECESSARY part of this change, the rename succeeds.
]> >>Could seabios adopt this change?
]> >It's possible, but I'd prefer to keep the source code close to the
]> >Linux version - it makes merges later on easier.
]>
]> Then maybe we should send our patches upstream?
]
]Yes - getting the patches into the Linux kbuild source would be best.
]
]-Kevin

I might not be the best one for explaining the benefit of Windows
support to the linux crowd. So to get past this problem, I
modified my mingw to accomodate the new seabios kconfig tool build.

To make the mkdir function compatible with both environments, I
changed its prototype to include a variable argument list after
the first argument. To fix the rename function, I substituted the
gnulib version of this function. To get past the default lib search
differences, I added libregex and libws2_32 to libmingw32. To
solve the missing uname problem, I added the gnulib version to
libmingw32. The result is here:
http://notabs.org/coreboot/windows-build.htm

Now I can get through abuild, almost. I still get an occasional
git failure (see attached). Not sure what causes it, but debugging
that is for another day.

Thanks,
Scott