[coreboot] question: Is it possible for OS to initialize the memory

Fengwei Zhang namedylan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 21:17:48 CET 2011

Hi all,

recently, I am using coreboot for my project. I have two DIMM slots on
my board and I installed two memory modules on it(each DIMM slot has a
memory module). Currently, I let coreboot initialize one of them. After
memory module. my question is: Is it feasible for OS to initialize the
another memory module?
I looked at the BKDG of my board, I didn't see any documented words
saying I can do or cannot do this. I would appreciate it if anyone could
give me some hints or direction of what documents I need to look at.

Thanks,
Fengwei