[coreboot] Seeing the output messages

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Wed Feb 16 19:09:23 CET 2011

On 02/16/2011 05:15 AM, ali hagigat wrote:
> Joe,
> I wonder if you can answer my questions if you really know about them.
> I do not have any mother board with Coreboot support now. I am
> reviewing the code statically.
> Regards
>

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Joseph Smith<joe at settoplinux.org>  wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:37:15 +0330, ali hagigat<hagigatali at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> How a program is traced in Coreboot? by serial port? or initialization
>>> of internal graphics cards? What about those boards with external
>>> graphics cards? When it does printk, to what device the message is
>>> actually sent?
>>>

>> Why don't you try it and find out!

Of course I do. I have written code for several of boards in the
coreboot tree. And several more I am working on. printk output goes to
the serial console until vga starts and then it goes to both until the
OS takes over.

Maybe you should get a coreboot running on a board.... no way better to
learn than to get your hands dirty, then maybe you will stop asking all
these silly newbie questions.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org