[coreboot] Fam10 FIDVID in SVI : disabling microcode update

Ivaylo Valkov ivaylo at e-valkov.org
Fri Feb 18 10:15:23 CET 2011

Xavi Drudis Ferran writes:

> Hello.

> Should I send a patch making a Kconfig option to not upgrade microcode for fam10? Is there any interest in that ?

I have interest in that. I am working on ECS A740GM-M port and have
asked that question in my mail, but for different reasons. [1] My
patches are not in the repository yet. Still haven't split them. :(
Right now I use a workaround to prevent loading of microcode. I've made
a zero-filled microcode patch file that is kept in the board
directory. The Kconfig option for the microcode file points to that
file. The effect of this is same revision (0) in patch and CPU and the
microcode is not loaded. This worked on Sempron 140 and r6725. Haven't
tested it with recent changes and revisions.

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2011-January/063067.html