[coreboot] HP Proliant dl145 g3 Can't read Boot disk

Alex G. mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 20:19:08 CET 2011

On 02/21/2011 09:01 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 06:16:55PM +0200, Alex G. wrote:
>> On 02/21/2011 03:53 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
>>> The log shows SeaBIOS found an ATA controller, but did not find any
>>> drives attached to the controller.  It did not find an option rom on
>>> any cards - so no scsi option rom was run.
>>>
>> He removed the SAS card from the system, as running its option ROM would
>> freeze the boot process.
>
> A boot log with debug level set to 8 from that event would be helpful.

jarray52, please build SeaBIOS with debug level 8, test, and post the
boot log. Leave the SAS card out. We'll deal with that once we get the
SATA booting.

> It doesn't look like the class field of that pci device identified
> itself as ATA or AHCI.  (SeaBIOS just skipped over the device.)

I don't know how SeaBIOS does things. The init code for the SATA is in
src/southbridge/broadcom/bcm5785/sata.c but it's not very well (read
"not at all") commented.

>>> Can you post the output of lspci and identify which device you
>>> expected to boot from?
>>>
>> Better lspci -nn ?
>
> Yeah - actually "lspci -vnn" would be better.

jarray52, please also post the output of "lspci -vnn" when you get the
chance (pastebin, or as a text attachment to the list).

Alex