[coreboot] HP Proliant dl145 g3 Can't read Boot disk

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 04:01:19 CET 2011

This is all a bit fuzzy now, but this is what I recall: The HT1000
SATA controller can also be configured as a PATA/IDE device. It will
show up as 024B instead of 024A when it is configured that way:

http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1166/024b

The mechanism to do the switch is in the HT1000 (BCM5785) databook,
which no one probably has access to. If you can get it into that mode,
legacy IDE access should work.

For the "native" mode, there should be an option ROM to give int13
replies. If you want to program it in SATA mode, there is a Linux
driver for reference (it is not AHCI). The option ROM is probably
easiest. You might want to ask the HT COE guys (the originators of the
DL145 code) to see how they were booting.