[coreboot] .cb files

She, Kerry Kerry.She at amd.com
Tue Jan 4 07:25:55 CET 2011

Hi ali hagigat,

-----Original Message-----
From: coreboot-bounces at coreboot.org [mailto:coreboot-bounces at coreboot.org] On Behalf Of ali hagigat
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 1:30 PM
To: coreboot at coreboot.org
Cc: peter at stuge.se
Subject: Re: [coreboot] .cb files

Peter,
Thank you. So devicetree.cb files are written by hand and the
compilation process does not use them?
They are just some information for the developers?
[She, Kerry] no, during the compilation, sconfig will use it to generate the static device tree,
Please see util/sconfig, and build/mainboard/kontron/986lcd-m/static.c after your compilation.

About:
file:///root/build/coreboot/coreboot-v4/src/mainboard/kontron/986lcd-m/devicetree.cb:
#device pci 1e.2 off end # AC'97 Audio
It means that AC'97 Audio is on Bus#=1 and Function#=2?
But all the devices of the south bridge, ICH7 are on Bus number 0, as
far as I know.
Why you have not written, Bus number, Function number, Device number,
Register number clearly.
device pci 1d.0 on end, What does it mean, 1d.0?
Regards

coreboot mailing list: coreboot at coreboot.org