[coreboot] Test SeaBIOS AHCI support

Neo The User neotheuser at ymail.com
Tue Jan 4 16:27:39 CET 2011

Hello! New patch :) Sorry about that, I have little to no experience with subversion. Also I found out that the rebooting loop wasn't caused by the AHCI SATA being off, but rather the console level for serial output was below 7 in the coreboot config file... I found it very strange.

Anyway, the real result of having AHCI SATA off in SeaBIOS causes the payload to just hang, before it says to press F12. With it on, I can access GRUB but I get kernel panics in any Linux distro. NetBSD also fails.

I attached a new patch, using svn copy and such from Tilapia, keeping almost everything the same in the diff. After creating the diff, I poked around a bit more, but I couldn't solve the kernel panics.

This isn't really a big concern for me personally but I thought it would be cool to have a board with over 1,100 reviews on newegg that would be supported by Coreboot. Might spark some attention as well.

-Alec