[coreboot] IDE interface support code for AMDLX800-CS5536

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 19:10:01 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Darmawan Salihun
<darmawan.salihun at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1/2/11, Darmawan Salihun <darmawan.salihun at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm looking for the support code for the IDE controller in CS5536
>> southbridge.
>> I checked-out Coreboot source code but only saw Flash interface
>> support in there.
>> I saw the IDE controller is switched to Flash interface support with
>> the "DEADBEEF"
>> magic number.
>>
>> The board I'm working with right now use the primary IDE channel for both
>> HDD connectors and a CF connectors. I need to know how to initialize
>> the chipset
>> correctly for this setup. The CF connector is the primary master and
>> the HDD connector is primary slave.
>>
>> I've checked with lspci and " cat /proc/ioports" and I found that the
>> legacy I/O ports
>> for IDE controller is working just fine. Also, the I/O ports for
>> IDE bus mastering (SFF-8038i) registers are allocated correctly.
>>

> I mean with the current code that I tested the I/O ports allocation is
> just fine.
>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Darmawan

Hi Darmawan,

The IDE should get setup by default if the flash switch path is not selected.

I assume you have already read the registers in the databook..
http://support.amd.com/us/Embedded_TechDocs/33238G_cs5536_db.pdf

There may be more information on the embedded developer site. The
embedded guys are coreboot friendly, so they should be able to point
at the appropriate doc.

http://wwwd.amd.com/amd/devsite.nsf/home/welcome.htm?opendocument&login

Marc

--