[coreboot] Here is my new board. Can coreboot be implemented on it?

Neo The User neotheuser at ymail.com
Thu Jan 13 18:08:42 CET 2011

> From: Neo The User <neotheuser at ymail.com>
> Subject: Re: [coreboot] Here is my new board. Can coreboot be implemented on it?
> To: coreboot at coreboot.org
> Specifically the GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H, as its
> only $70 ($85 when not on sale) USD which isn't exactly that
> much for a relatively good motherboard.

Sorry I forgot to add, that this price is listed on newegg. Also this board has 2 BIOS chips, M BIOS (main BIOS) and B BIOS (back-up) so in case coreboot bricks your motherboard, you can simply turn it on, and hold (or quickly tap) the reset button down for 10 seconds right after you let go of the power button, and B BIOS will start up and reflash M BIOS. You can also bridge pins 4 (GND) and 7 (#HOLD) and this will force the re-flash.

-Alec