[coreboot] Coreboot Hackathon

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Jan 19 22:16:55 CET 2011

Peter,

you have summed up the challenges of an exhibition/conference very
nicely and I fully agree. My hack room suggestion assumed that there
would be some hack time before booth setup or after teardown, and the
occassional 30-minute hack session, maybe once per day. Leaving one
person alone to man the booth for extended periods of time is definitely
not a nice thing to do.

That said, having an intense coordinated hack/review session via IRC and
mail for one weekend may be a useful preparation or followup to the
Prague meeting.
IMHO quite a few things get stalled because our turnaround times are
often pretty long, and switching the mind in/out of development mode
takes some time which can't be used for development. (Well, that's what
is killing my productivity if I only have ~1 hour spare time and spend
lots of it getting familiar with the code again before I can respond to
reviews.)

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--