[coreboot] Desktop Summit 2011 in Berlin

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jul 13 23:02:18 CEST 2011

On Wed, 13.07.11 11:44, Paul Menzel (paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net) wrote:

> Dear coreboot folks,
>
> the Desktop Summit 2011 [1] will take place in Berlin from August 6th–
> 12th. The first three days will consist of keynotes and talks [2].
>
> There seem to be some open slots on Monday and maybe on the weekend
> evening too. I am CCing Lennart Poettering as one of the
> organizers(?).

Yes, I running the paper committee of the summit.

At this time the talks schedule (sat-mon) is finalized and all slots
filled. So we cannot add anything to that part of the schedule anymore.

For the BoF/workshop part of the conference (i.e. tue-fri) the
deadline for having a bof in the printed schedule is already passed,
too. However, we kept a big chunk of the rooms for ad-hoc bofs, which
will be handed out first come first serve, and registering a slot will
be done via a wiki. You are welcome register a room from these at the
conference.

> I know this is on short notice and the Desktop Summit is normally
> associated with GNOME and KDE and therefore coreboot seems out of place.
> But in my opinion – if accepted – coreboot could reach *developers* who
> might be interested in the possibilities of coreboot and do not know
> about this.

If we have a BoF room available (and I think we do) then I see no reason
why coreboot should not be able to get one.

I am only running the paper committe, not the bof commitee. If you have
any questions regarding bofs, consider pinging Jon Nordby
(jononor at gmail.com) directly who's looking after the bofs.

Hope this is helpful,

Lennart

--