[coreboot] libpci accesses in CAR, I need a suggestion

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Fri Jul 15 18:37:55 CEST 2011

Am Freitag, 15. Juli 2011 04:01:55, Tadas Slotkus schrieb:
> I found out difficulties with pci access functions in CAR as they tend
> to eat memory dynamically - with malloc calls. Any suggestions?
Try to determine how much memory it uses and what the patterns are. If
the code never frees until the end and the amount of required memory is
manageable, consider building yourself a tiny malloc() that simply
increments a pointer starting in CAR.
That should be good enough to get you started.

> Also I have read a bit about PCI architecture and found out that devices
> must be initialised before they respond to transactions, so is there a
> chance that chipset/board enable functions will work?
Some devices are built to respond from the start, esp. northbridge (and
southbridge to some degree). For working with mainboard flash chips, no
other hardware access should be necessary.
So there's a fair chance that things will work.

Patrick