[coreboot] How to test coreboot

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Sun Jul 24 10:11:46 CEST 2011

Am Sonntag, den 24.07.2011, 15:52 +0800 schrieb bbsbill:
> Can i load coreboot on DOS to test it? Is it ok??
> I don't  want to write it to my mainboard. It's Dangerous.
This won't work. coreboot initializes parts of the hardware that are
already fully initialized when DOS is running - like the RAM controller.

If you only want to test coreboot (but don't mind what hardware it runs
on), you can try the emulation/qemu-x86 target. This runs in the QEmu
system emulator, which is a good option to learn more about coreboot.
However, it doesn't help testing coreboot for any specific mainboard.

Patrick