[coreboot] Questions about the resource allocator of PCI

Patrick Georgi Patrick.Georgi at secunet.com
Thu Jul 28 13:00:19 CEST 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 28.07.2011, 18:27 +0800 schrieb Hamo:
> But this is different on ARM. Every PCI device's memory address space
> should be in a certain address space provided by CPU and IO address
> space should be in another, like MMIO on X86. For my versatile PB
> board, the address space is at here.[2]
> I tried some ways and talked with my mentor about it, but we didn't
> find a way to tell dev_configure to allocate device's mem and IO
> address in the certain address space.
For static regions, we have IORESOURCE_FIXED. Look up that symbol in the
coreboot code to see how it's used.

You will need to determine a good place for where to define those,
either per board (eg. mainboard.c) or per coreboot device driver
(whereever these drivers belong to).

Patrick
--
Patrick Georgi
Fachbereich SINA-Entwicklung
Patrick.Georgi at secunet.com
www.secunet.com

Sitz: Kronprinzenstraße 30, 45128 Essen
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 13615
Vorstand: Dr. Rainer Baumgart (Vors.), Thomas Koelzer, Thomas Pleines
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Karsten Ottenberg