[coreboot] Help for motherboard

bari bari at onelabs.com
Fri Mar 4 05:10:10 CET 2011

sh4r4d at gmail.com wrote:

> So I wanted to know if I have to purchase `GIGABYTE_GA-MA785GMT-US2H'
> as `GIGABYTE_GA-MA785GMT-UD2H' is not available, Could it be easy
> to get coreboot in it as `GIGABYTE_GA-MA785GMT-UD2H' have been already
> supported, might be it is a newer version of `GIGABYTE_GA-MA785GMT-UD2H'?

Either board works with coreboot with minor tweaking. Compare the
chipset, memory type and super IO on boards. If coreboot supports the
devices then most of the work is already done. Gigabyte boards usually
have the dual BIOS device circuit that make flash programming a bit more
complicated. You might have to check if Flashrom ever was patched to
support it.

-Bari