[coreboot] Issue mainboard asus a8n-e

Alex G. mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 00:56:21 CET 2011

On 03/01/2011 12:25 AM, ors wrote:
> Author: raby71
> Date: Mon Feb 28 22:00 2011
> last Revision: 6380
>
> hi all
>
> I try to work my board (asus a8n-e) with coreboot. I compiled coreboot
> with a debian 5.07 installation.
Try building coreboot with crossgcc. just cd into util/crossgcc/ and
build crossgcc. The coreboot build system should automatically use it if
it's built.

> flashrom, the system starts, also the monitor until to boot-promt (or
> payload terminal) but is not possible to type anything with keyboard
> (usb or ps/2) to monitor,
Sounds like an IRQ issue to me.

> simply: i'm not able to take further actions.
> I compiled coreboot with payloads filo grub2 and seabios, but i have in
> all my tries the same effect.

Select the Seabios stable option in make menuconfig. It should at the
very least build seabios with console output, so we can see what seabios
has to say. (remember, with crossgcc).

> !! Resource didn't fit !!
>   aligned base 400 size 100 limit 200
>   4ff needs to be <= 200 (limit)
>   PCI: 00:01.0 68 *  [0x800 - 0x8ff] io
Someone wiser (than me), please have a look at this error. I have no
idea why it happens, or what the implications are.

> PCI_DOMAIN: 0000 assign_resources, bus 0 link: 0
> amdk8_set_resource, enabling legacy VGA IO forwarding for PCI: 00:18.0
> link 0x0
>
> FATAL: stdin closed
> picocom v1.4
Output got truncated here. Please make sure output is not truncated, and
we also get the SeaBIOS part.

Alex