[coreboot] ACPI breakage/questions and ramstage code question

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 17:53:35 CET 2011

2011/3/2 Keith Hui <buurin at gmail.com>

> ---
> First, Mysterious breakage on experimental i82371eb ACPI stuff
>
> Rudolf, Idwer, and anyone that tried doing ACPI for the ASUS P2B
> series of boards:
>
> I'm seeing mysterious compiler breakge after updating my local copy to
> r6424. I copied that from P2B to P2B-LS and both break.

This breakage happens after "make distclean" too ? Backup your .config
first.
Do you have any local changes ?

> Make log says:
>
>    CC         southbridge/intel/i82371eb/fadt.driver.o
> src/southbridge/intel/i82371eb/fadt.c:35:35: error: expected ‘)’
> before ‘*’ token
> make: *** [build/southbridge/intel/i82371eb/fadt.driver.o] Error 1
>
> Which points to this in the file:
>
> /**
>  * Create the Fixed ACPI Description Tables (FADT) for any board with this
> SB.
>  * Reference: ACPIspec40a, 5.2.9, page 118
>  */
> void acpi_create_fadt(acpi_fadt_t * fadt, acpi_facs_t * facs, void * dsdt)

That should be *fadt, *facs and *dsdt:
http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/browser/trunk/src/southbridge/intel/i82371eb/fadt.c#L35

> {
>        acpi_header_t *header = &(fadt->header);
>        device_t dev;
> [ Rest of function goes here]
> }
>
> Are any of you guys having the same problem?

No, not with archlinux' 'native' gcc and not with crossgcc (and not with
abuild, abuild uses crossgcc too).