[coreboot] Support fot UMC UM8670 Super IO

Anup Rao anup.kadam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 06:42:29 CET 2011

Hi Everyone,

I want to install Coreboot on an old Cyrix 6x86 machine. It comes
equipped with a M558 motherboard.
The AMI BIOS string ID is  51-0830-001437-00111111-071595-UT801X-001_10_UTRON-F
Further details can be found on this webpage:
http://motherboards.mbarron.net/models/pcchips/m558.htm

The Super IO chip on it is a UMC UM8670. The Superiotool currently
does not detect/dump this chip (exactly as mentioned on the supported
HW page).
Also, It is currently not listed on the supported chipsets page for
Coreboot. I am unable to find any further information on the web for
this chip.
I am hoping that this chip is in someway a clone or identical to other
SuperIO chips.

Can anyone confirm if it is supported by Coreboot? If not can anyone
point me to a location where information on this chip could be
available ?

Regards,
Anup