[coreboot] mingw build problem with seabios/tools/kconfig

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Sun Mar 13 04:47:56 CET 2011

Hello,

I am trying to overcome problems building seabios/tools/kconfig from
the windows/mingw environment. Here are the failures:

1) Link step for tools/kconfig/conf fails to find regcomp/regexec/regfree.
   In the mingw environment these functions are available in libregex,
   but libregex is not included in the standard library search. I have
   not found a way to add '-lregex' to the link command line:
   $(Q)$(HOSTCC) $(HOSTLDFLAGS) -o $@ $(addprefix $(obj)/,$($(@F)-objs)) $(HOST_LOADLIBES) $(HOSTLOADLIBES_$(@F))
   HOSTLDFLAGS occurs too early in the file list for this use.

2) Link step for tools/kconfig/conf fails to find function uname().
   I can come up with a library to provide this function but need
   help passing it to the linker, same as with item 1.

3) Function mkdir() takes only one argument in the mingw environment,
   yet takes 2 arguments otherwise. I have not found a good way to
   overcome this difference.

Thanks,
Scott