[coreboot] [GSoC] Coreboot Spice Payload

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 16:26:48 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Leandro Dorileo <ldorileo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys!
> I saw coreboot was accepted as mentoring organization for GSoC this
> year once again. I want to participate this year again as student and
> I came with the idea of a Coreboot Spice Payload. I wrote a small
> text[1] describing the idea.
> I would like to hear from you what you think. I have discussed with
> some guys already but would like to open it a bit more.
> [1] - http://vps.dorilex.net/~dorileo/coreboot-spice-payload.txt
> Thanks....
> --
> Leandro Dorileo

Hi Leandro,

Yes, coreboot is accepting student applications for GSoC again this
year. Your idea looks very interesting. I think that expanding the
payload offerings for coreboot and developing with libpayload would
make a good project. Have you thought about what kind of hardware you
would develop on? Who uses Spice today? What type of systems or users
would take advantage of a Spice Payload?