[coreboot] Keyboard not working on Thinkpad X60/T60

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sat May 7 21:05:03 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 08:48:45PM +0200, Sven Schnelle wrote:
> Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> writes:
> > Do you know how long it takes for your keyboard to become responsive?
> > (You can pass "-n" to tools/readserial.py to have it report wall times
> > instead of adjusted times.)
>
> It takes something about 0.8s, according to serial output.

Does adding "msleep(800)" to the top of ps2port.c:keyboard_init()
help?

>I've already
> monitored the EC registers, but there seems to be no bit that
> can be used as indicator wether EC is ready for Keyboard action or not.

The logs you posted show the i8042 controller responsive when SeaBIOS
starts talking to it.  So, I wonder if it's the keyboard that is still
powering up (instead of the superIO).  (Of course, if the EC contains
both the keyboard and superIO, then this is irrelevant.)

> > BTW, if you want to improve boot time, setting
> > CONFIG_THREAD_OPTIONROMS should help.
>
> I already have that option set. ;)

Oh, okay.  The logs you posted show this option disabled.

When this option is enabled, the "init ps2port" message should appear
before the VGA init.  It should also eliminate any wait at the boot
prompt, as the boot menu delay should overlap with your hard drive
spin-up.

-Kevin