[coreboot] Keyboard not working on Thinkpad X60/T60

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Sat May 7 22:22:50 CEST 2011

On 5/7/11 12:05 PM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 08:48:45PM +0200, Sven Schnelle wrote:
>> Kevin O'Connor<kevin at koconnor.net>  writes:
>>> Do you know how long it takes for your keyboard to become responsive?
>>> (You can pass "-n" to tools/readserial.py to have it report wall times
>>> instead of adjusted times.)
>> It takes something about 0.8s, according to serial output.
Maybe we can add some "shoot and run" ps2 initialization code to
coreboot that runs before most other code, giving the keyboard or kbc
time to initialize while we do all the other stuff.

Have we considered threading in coreboot? It seems the time we spend in
ramstage is unsignificant and the effort of multitasking in romstage is
not worth the trouble.