[coreboot] Hackaton in Prague 2011

Sven Schnelle svens at stackframe.org
Mon May 9 10:32:46 CEST 2011

Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> writes:

> I think it is time to make a reservation for the Hotel/Hostel. Is
> there anyone else besides Peter, Sven and Florentin? Just reminding
> that it take place in Prague on last weekend in May.

Cool! Thanks for organizing this Event!

> The Hackaton topics I have in mind:
>
> * make netconsole work on secondary PCI buses
> * implement a gdb stub for coreboot
> * fix the u-boot patches/submit them
> * ... (need to get info from the attending guys)

What i'm working on right now (i will bring the Hardware with me, if there's
any interest)

- Thinkpad T4x support, which means getting the i855PM chipset supported
  (which is a bit different from the i855GM we have in coreboot)

- Thinkpad X61 support, i should receive a X61 motherboard this
  week. Uses the i965 (crestline) northbridge, which isn't
  supported. Not sure if i will succeed in adding support for it.

As i'm going by car to prague, i could also bring some
soldering/measuring equipment with me. Not sure what we have there,
and what's needed. The Logic Analyzer is rather heavy (around 90 pounds)
so i'll only bring it if there's something to hack on where it would be
an adavantage to have that thing :)

See you in Prague,

Sven.