[coreboot] Lenovo T60 coreboot build error

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue May 10 18:52:02 CEST 2011

Josh Stump wrote:
> http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards

Ah, ok. This wiki page is correct. coreboot is separate from
flashrom, so being supported by one doesn't automatically mean being
supported by the other. Laptops are difficult for both projects.

> And I am slightly incorrect I must admit.  It is the Lenovo T60P
> that is listed on that page.

T60 T60p are similar enough.

> Do you have a good site with information on an external programmer
> or are they costly?  Any chances of being able to use a Windows
> based utility to flash, I tried with Pheonix WinPhlash but it gave
> an error....

I think it gets upset because you want to flash coreboot. :)

Here are some instructions for a hardware that will work with
flashrom today: http://flashrom.org/FT2232SPI_Programmer
But you need to build a little yourself. Only very little.

I have an alternative approach in mind with a microcontroller board
but some firmware still needs to be written. :)

//Peter