[coreboot] Win7 on Intel Eagle Heights

Thomas Jourdan tjourdan at interfaceconcept.com
Mon May 16 09:54:49 CEST 2011

Hi

Le vendredi 13 mai 2011 à 18:21 -0700, Stefan Reinauer a écrit :
> On 5/13/11 8:57 AM, Thomas JOURDAN wrote:
> > I'm trying to get Windows 7 booting on my Intel Eagle Heights
> > evaluation board. I tried to follow all the ACPI tips to get Window$
> > to boot but I can't figure out the bug I'm facing. I'm using a checked
> > build version of Win 7 64-bits. When I start the installer, the first
> > text screen is ok (windows is copying files...) then it switches to
> > graphics mode (green progress bar with logo). Less than a second after
> > switching from text to graphics mode : BSOD.
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Looks like Windows 7 crashes in the "Windows Driver Foundation" with an
> illegal memory access. Possibly this is due to an incomplete ACPI
> implementation for the board.

Yes that what I suspect too but so far I can't figure out which ACPI
part could be missing. According to my probe, after the page
translation, the guilty address seems to point to valid memory area
(DDR).

> Please have a look at the kontron/986lcd-m ACPI code for a modular
> sample implementation that can boot Windows 7 and
> http://www.coreboot.org/ACPI for more information on ACPI and ACPI
> debugging.

When I said I followed ACPI tips I mean I refered to kontron/986lcd-m,
the coreboot acpi page, and also some tricks disccussed on the mailing
list (64-bits alignment, fadt correct size according to version...).

I was hoping someone already met this issue and could give me a clue.

Regards,
Thomas