[coreboot] Coreboot issues with ASRock E350m1

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Fri May 27 08:01:05 CEST 2011

Marshall Buschman wrote:

]Hello:
]
]I was instructed to send mail to you by Carebear from #coreboot.
]I have some issues to report based on the "Golden Image" I received from
]him, which was created for the ASRock E350M1.
]
]After booting, my Linux kernel panics like this:
]http://www.lucidmachines.com/coreboot/panic-lm-patched-2.6.39.txt

]CareBear told me to enable ACPI (and try it with the vanilla kernel),
]and it no longer panics, but he did note the following quirks:
]
][ 0.137098] Extended Config Space enabled on 0 nodes

The recent patch set may resolve the above problem:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bios/66598

][ 0.178984] ACPI: (supports S0 S5)

I think this is expected because more work is needed in order to
support additional power states.

][ 0.289970] Unable to assume _OSC PCIe control. Disabling ASPM
][ 0.310267] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link INTA (IRQs 3 4 5 7 10 11 12 15) *0,
]disabled.
]This last error is repeated for INTB to INTH

Probably work is needed on the interrupt routing. I did not check it.

]Other issues:
]* Network card is not recognized at all (works fine with stock BIOS)

We are probably missing some PCIe board support.

]* Total system RAM is reported as 480 Megabytes, actual system ram is
]4096mbytes.

ASRock E350M1 Testing to date has used only 2GB, so it is possible
memory above 4GB will not be reported properly. On the other hand,
all usable memory below 4GB should be reported. I think the patch
set will at least get the memory below 4GB reporting properly.

Thanks,
Scott