[coreboot] About grub.cfg――Building coreboot with grub2 payload

Cui Lei neverforget_2002 at 163.com
Tue May 31 05:04:10 CEST 2011

I am working hard at building coreboot with grub2 payload. Now I can
build a grub2 payload as follow:
1: Download the lastest grub2 source code.
2: ./autogen.sh
./configure --with-platform=coreboot
make
3: Use grub-mkimage to generate a "payload.elf", detail:
./grub-mkimage -d . -O i386-coreboot -o ../coreboot-v4/payload.elf
--prefix='/boot/grub2'
memdisk cpio -m ../memdisk.tar

Accoding the coreboot website(http://www.coreboot.org/Talk:GRUB2),
memdisk is a virtual disk
in grub image and it is suggested that grub.cfg is contained in a
memdisk image. So I made
folders boot/grub2 in my work folder and add a new grub.cfg and some
modules(such as
memdisk.mod cpio.mod ...) into the boot/grub2, then tar boot/grub2 to
memdisk.tar(according
to the website tar can be used to build a memdisk image).

*Problems:*
1: I don't know wether grub2 can found my grub.cfg ,if I set "
--prefix='/boot/grub2' " ?
On the coreboot website,a sample is --prefix='(ata0)/boot/grub2'. I
think the ata0 is hard disk.
but I use the memdisk image, what should I do ?

2: I want my grub.cfg in memdisk to load the grub.cfg from my hard disk.
Because I have install the
ubuntu11.04 on my hard disk, a grub.cfg file should be in the
/boot/grub. So my grub.cfg just like
this:
search -f -s /boot/grub/grub.cfg
configfile /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Is this practicable?

3: I want the gurb can boot into the grub-shell, how to ?

BRs,

Rock.C