[coreboot] Current status of WYSE S50 support

JM fijam at archlinux.us
Fri Nov 18 22:05:11 CET 2011

> It has been some time since anyone has worked on Geode. You may have
> to try it to find out. Before you do, make sure you have a way to
> recover the BIOS image.

Thanks for your reply. The chip in question (SST49LF020A in PLCC) only
supports LPC and parallel programming. Do you think it would be
feasible to purchase another device (they come at about 10 euros) and
hot-swap the ROM for reflashing if something went wrong?
Alternatively, any hints for 'pulling out' the LPC interface from
another device? Sorry if my questions are a bit elementary.

> It is dated and the build process has changed, but you should read the
> geode porting page. It talks about VSA and graphics and stuff. The VSA
> was openned and used on the OLPC project. It requires the Microsoft
> tools to build and no one has ported it to gcc yet. There is a link to
> the binary on the geode page. You should stop by the IRC #coreboot if
> you need a hand building coreboot.
>
> http://www.coreboot.org/AMD_Geode_Porting_Guide

I'll be sure to take a look at that.

Regards,