[coreboot] Coreboot on Axiomtek PICO821

Alp Eren Köse alperenkose at buyutech.com.tr
Fri Oct 7 15:19:21 CEST 2011

> If you store that spare rom in a safe place and only use it to boot
> from, you don't need an external programmer. A often used trick to
> ease removal is to glue a handle to the chip:

http://www.settoplinux.org/images/thumb/5/56/Push_pin2.jpg/500px-Push_pin2.jpg

Ok, if I understand it right, when I brick the first rom, I can boot using
the second one into a freedos, remove the rom while the system is running
and put the bricked rom in and flash the original BIOS, is that correct??
The pin trick is very nice btw:)

> 4) Copy the files from the iwave board (cd
src/mainboard/iwave/iWRainbowG6/ ; cp -r * ../../axiomtek/pico821/ ),
> edit at least devicetree.cb, Kconfig and mainboard.c. Then replace the
names but keep the (C) copyright headers.

I suppose I will edit devicetree.cb file according to my lspci output, but I
didn't get how to modify the lines similar to following:
chip southbridge/intel/sch
            register "pirqa_routing" = "0xa"
            register "pirqb_routing" = "0xb"
Are those something about IRQ routing? my board also have Intel SCH so I
hope they are the same..

And there is not much in mainboard.c file, I couldn't see much to change
apart from the CHIP_NAME?

> Compile and run superiotool, it's in util/superiotool/

I have run it on my board, i have an " Winbond W83627HF/F/HG/G (id=0x52,
rev=0x41)", but I don't know what iWRainbowG6 has on it? I looked at the
code, but couldn't figure what it's SuperIO chip is? Anyone know, or own
this board, could tell me?

Sorry it's been lots of questions, thank you very much for guiding,
Thanks in advance,
Alp