[coreboot] Issues with Supermicro H8SCM

Thomas Gstädtner thomas at gstaedtner.net
Sun Oct 9 17:53:08 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 07:17, She, Kerry <Kerry.She at amd.com> wrote:
> Hello, Thomas

Hi Kerry,

first of all: thanks for your effort!
While I had no success at first, I now can get to the boot prompt
(haven't tried any further yet).

Anyway, I currently have 2 DIMMs, each 4 GiB.
A dual-channel configuration does not seem to work, the DIMMs are
detected, but coreboot throws an "ASSERTION FAILED" error (see
attached log cb_h8scm_01.log).
It seems to fail because it somehow seems to think no DIMM is found
(despite both DIMMs being detected). I tried disabling this check, but
this only leads to a reset.
The same problem exists with a single-DIMM configuration.

However, when I switch to a dual-DIMM, single-channel config, it at
first does not start at all (i.e. no output on serial and no heartbeat
from the BMC) - but when I trigger a manual reset it immediately
starts up (see attached log cb_h8scm_dimma1a2_success.log).

I'll report back when I find out more.