[coreboot] Issues with Supermicro H8SCM

Thomas Gstädtner thomas at gstaedtner.net
Tue Oct 11 14:17:14 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:41, She, Kerry <Kerry.She at amd.com> wrote:
> Hello, Thomas

I unfortunately only have 2 registered DIMMs, so I can't test a dual
channel configuration, but yes, seems 1 DIMM per Channel does not work
at all.

Anyway, I built a rom with vga bios included and can boot to FILO
prompt or SeaBIOS. So far USB is not working, neither the attached USB
keybord, nor the USB flashdrive I wanted to boot from.
A related warning seems to be: "WARNING - Timeout at
ehci_wait_qh:319!", might try to disable ehci to see if ohci works.

Also, it seems it now starts up most of the time immediately,
approximately 1 out of 5 times it needs a manual reset after powering
up.
Time from power-on to FILO prompt is about 2 seconds with loglevel 3
(over serial, via VGA I can't tell, it's ready long before the display
makes it from wake-up to active).

So in short,
What Works: All 6 CPU cores are detected, clock is correct, VGA,
Serial, SeaBIOS and FILO
What Doesn't: USB/EHCI, Single-DIMM per Channel, reliable bootup