[coreboot] Issues with Supermicro H8SCM

Thomas Gstädtner thomas at gstaedtner.net
Wed Oct 12 10:10:25 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 02:46, Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Thomas Gstädtner <thomas at gstaedtner.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:41, She, Kerry <Kerry.She at amd.com> wrote:
>>> Hello, Thomas

This is really hard to figure out so far, because I can get zero
output that would help me debug this problem.
I don't know how the hardware works exactly, but the board has a neat
watchdog in the BMC that seems to give a hint.
There's a heartbeat-LED that flashes when coreboot seems to run (when
it flashes I usually get output on serial and VGA), and when it
doesn't come up, the heartbeat-LED is off. So I _assume_ it is failing
early on, no clue how the BMC is powered on or what it looks for.
I'm pretty sure the payload is not the problem and as I have not tried
to load linux yet we can rule that out :)

I'm happy to help with the wiki btw.